In recent years, the Kingdom of Cambodia has seen a large influx of international tourists, with approximately 300 of them being Sri Lankan nationals. As a result, the government has opened the country’s doors to over 200 nationalities that can use the electronic travel authorization scheme known as Cambodia eVisa.
Nationals from Sri Lanka who wish to travel to Cambodia need a visa. The Cambodia visa for Sri Lankans is easy to get through an online application.
Choosing an electronic visa to visit Cambodia eliminates the need for Sri Lankan citizens to visit a local embassy or present paper documents to apply: the eVisa to Cambodian territory is designed to be obtained entirely online.
With an electronic visa, Sri Lankan tourists can visit Cambodia for up to 30 days. This page contains all the information Sri Lankan citizens need to travel to Cambodia with an electronic visa. Find out the Cambodia e-Visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens, how to apply, and visa fees
1. Do Sri Lankans Need a Visa for Cambodia?
Yes, Sri Lankan citizens need a visa to travel from Sri Lanka to Cambodia.
Sri Lankan passport holders are not permitted to enter Cambodia unless they have a valid visa.
Depending on the individual’s needs, different visas for Cambodia are available to Sri Lankan residents.
The Cambodia e-Visa, which travelers can apply for entirely online, is the most common tourist visa. This is the most efficient method of traveling to Cambodia with the necessary documents.
2. Cambodia e-visa for Sri Lankans:
The Cambodia e-Visa is an online visa that was announced in 2006 and is expected to be implemented soon. Citizens of eligible countries will be able to visit Cambodia for short periods of time with the Cambodia online visa.
The Cambodian government is implementing the Cambodia visa application online in order to promote tourism in the country by making the process of applying for a Cambodia visa for tourism and medical treatment easier for eligible citizens.
The Cambodia e-visa makes traveling to the Southeast Asian nation easier than ever before.
With a Cambodia e-visa for Sri Lankan, Sri Lanka nationals may spend up to 30 days in Cambodia for tourism-related activities.
Sri lankan will be able to apply using the simple online Cambodia visa application, which will only take a few minutes to complete. To receive an approved Cambodia e-Visa for Sri lankan via email, applicants must complete the Cambodia e-Visa application form with personal, passport, and travel information, as well as answer a few security questions.
People who want to stay for more than a month or for reasons other than tourism should contact the Cambodian Embassy or consulate for visa information.
3. Cambodia visa requirements for Sri Lankans:
Sri Lankan passport holders must provide personal information as well as some supporting documents in order to successfully apply for an e-Visa to Cambodia. These are the Cambodian visa requirements for Sri Lankans that all international visitors must meet.
Before applying for an e-Visa to visit Cambodia, Sri Lankan nationals must ensure they have the following requirements:
- A lawful and valid Sri Lankan passport, as well as a copy or scanned image of the biographical page of this travel document
The passport must have a minimum validity period of six months.
- A digital photograph of the applicant’s head (face) and shoulders is required. The image must adhere to the Cambodian e-Visa photo requirements.
- A valid email address where the applicant can receive the e-Visa electronically
Sri Lankans are also advised to print a copy of their e-Visa before entering Cambodia.
Other important personal information required of Sri Lankan travelers is as follows:
- Full name, which must be entered clearly throughout the application
- Dates of passport expiration and issuance
- The reasons for visiting Cambodia, for example, tourism, business, or medical purposes.
- Health history, both past, and present, as well as criminal history
After entering all of this information correctly in the online application form, Sri Lankan citizens can pay for their e-Visa and submit the form.
Cambodia visa on arrival: conditions for Sri Lankans
Sri Lankan travelers may also obtain a Cambodian Visa on Arrival at the immigration desk at their preferred port of entry; however, this option is known to be more difficult than applying online.
In order to apply for a visa on arrival, an applicant must complete the following steps:
- Bring cash because the visa on arrival cannot be paid in any other way.
- Please provide a printed copy of a digital photo that is identical to the one in the Sri Lankan applicant’s passport.
- Queuing when arriving at one of Cambodia’s allowed ports of entry due to high traveling demands
Visitors from Sri Lanka who wish to obtain a Visa on Arrival, also known as a VOA, must ensure that all of the requirements for this type of visa are met.
Travelers who have not carefully reviewed the requirements of a VOA may be denied this type of travel permit when they arrive in the country.
3. How to Get a Cambodia visa for Sri Lankans
Applying for a visa to Cambodia from Sri Lanka is simple.
The 3-step application process:
- Fill out the application form with your information and choose a processing time for your application.
- Make your payment and re-submit your application. Remember that it is critical to ensure that there are no errors that could jeopardize your application.
- Upload the required documents and complete a brief questionnaire. We will notify you via email or phone if additional documents are required.
Cambodia e-Visa processing is quick and easy. The majority of Sri Lankan applicants receive their approved visa via email within 3 to 4 business days.
The e-Visa must be used within three months of leaving Sri Lanka for Cambodia. It entitles you to stay in the country for 30 days.
4. Cambodia e-Visa Application for Sri Lankan Citizens
Sri Lankan citizens must fill out the Cambodia visa application form online. It’s simple to complete, as only a few basic details are required, such as:
- Name, gender, and date of birth are examples of personal information.
- Passport information (number, issue date, and expiry date)
- Details about your trip—the intended date of arrival in Cambodia
Applicants should ensure that the information they provide exactly matches the information on their Swiss passport. Errors, such as misspellings, may cause processing to be delayed.
5. Cambodia visa fees for Sri Lankans:
The total cost of your Cambodia eVisa will be determined by two factors: the cost of processing and the time required to receive your visa. Keep in mind that the visa price does not change; the only thing that will change is the service fee that will be charged depending on the options you choose:
Standard – for USD 95.00, we process the order in 3 Business Days.
Rush – within 2 Business Days we work on your visa for a total of USD 112.00.
Super Rush – the quickest way to get your visa (1 Business Day), but at a cost of USD 130.00.
6 Travel from Sri Lanka to Cambodia
To enter Cambodia, Sri Lankans may fly to one of the three international airports or use one of the land crossings.
Cambodia’s international airports are Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, and Sihanoukville International Airport.
The land crossings are from Thailand (Cham Yeam – Koh Kong province and Poi Pet – Banteay Meanchey province), Vietnam (Bavet – Svay Rieng province), and Laos (Tropaeng Kreal Border Post).
There are no available seaports for Serbian visitors traveling to Cambodia.
Health requirements for traveling to Cambodia from Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan visitors must be aware of additional health requirements prior to their trip. They may require, in particular:
- Vaccines for Cambodia: Hepatitis A, tetanus, polio, chickenpox, Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR), and yellow fever are all recommended (in some cases). Sri Lankans travelers should consult their doctor well in advance of their trip, as some vaccines may need to be completed several weeks before entering Cambodia.
- COVID-19 entry requirements for Cambodia: these are subject to change, but they may include the need to show proof of a negative PCR test and, in some cases, quarantine upon arrival.
Although health insurance is not required, it is strongly advised for Sri Lankan travelers.