You do not need a bank account to use Cash App. However, there are some limitations if you do not have a bank account linked to your Cash App account.
Here are some of the limitations of using Cash App without a bank account:
- You can only send and receive up to $250 per week.
- You can only withdraw up to $100 per week.
- You cannot use the Cash Card.
- You cannot get direct deposits.
If you want to be able to send and receive more money, withdraw more money, and use the Cash Card, you will need to link a bank account to your Cash App account.
Here are the ways you can add money to your Cash App balance without a bank account:
- Deposit cash at an ATM: You can deposit cash at an ATM that is partnered with Cash App. There is a fee of $2.50 for each deposit.
- Get a direct deposit: You can set up direct deposit from your employer or another source to your Cash App balance. There is no fee for direct deposits.
- Buy Bitcoin: You can buy Bitcoin with a credit or debit card and then transfer the Bitcoin to your Cash App balance. There is a fee for buying Bitcoin.