YES. When visiting famous tourist spots in Albania, Visa and MasterCard are frequently accepted. However, have some cash on hand for minor transactions or off-the-beaten-path excursions.
It is one of the most widely used credit card brands in the United States, and it is accepted at the majority of retailers, including supermarkets, restaurants, motels, and petrol stations. It should be noted, however, that smaller establishments and taxis may not accept credit cards. It is usually a good idea to keep some cash on hand just in case.
Here are some of the places where you can use Mastercard in Albania:
- Supermarkets: Most major supermarkets in Albania accept Mastercard.
- Restaurants: Many restaurants in Albania accept Mastercard.
- Hotels: Most hotels in Albania accept Mastercard.
- Gas stations: Most gas stations in Albania accept Mastercard.
- ATMs: You can use Mastercard to withdraw cash from ATMs in Albania.