Are you planning a trip to Rwanda soon? If you enjoy being active, know that there are numerous options available to you if you are an avid cyclist or hiker. There are plenty of excellent places to hike and bike in this country, with plenty of mountainous terrains, lovely lakes, and country roads that take you from one authentic village to the next.
Zimbabweans citizens must obtain a visa to visit Rwanda. Only citizens of a few countries are exempt from visa requirements for Rwanda. The vast majority of international travelers, including Zimbabweans, must apply for a visa to Rwanda prior to their trip.
While travelers from certain countries must apply for a consular visa at a Rwandan embassy, Argentine citizens have the advantage of being able to apply for a visa to Rwanda online.
Rwanda’s electronic visa, or eVisa, was introduced in 2018 for travelers of certain nationalities, including Zimbabweans citizens. This simplified system entails filling out a simple online application form, which can be done from the applicant’s home or office.
Do Zimbabweans need a visa for Rwanda?
Yes, all Zimbabwean citizens planning a trip to this country must apply for the necessary travel authorization before departing on their vacation. The good news is that we make it simple to submit an application from any online device.
The Rwanda e-visa for Zimbabweans is the correct type of document for Australians visiting the country as a tourist for a period of 30 days or less (Electronic Visa). There are four kinds of Rwanda e-visas:
- A single-entry tourist visa is valid for any traveler visiting Rwanda for vacation or for short-term medical treatment for up to one month
- A multiple-entry Rwanda tourist visa is for any traveler who needs to visit the country on multiple occasions, usually for professional or family reasons. It is valid for one year from the date of issue but only allows for one-month stays.
- A Rwanda transit visa is for visitors who are stopping in the country for a short period of time, usually on their way to another destination, and allows stays of up to 3 days
- Conference Visa: This visa is designated for attending business meetings, conferences, etc., and you can stay there with this visa for outside of 30 days.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Zimbabweans:
Rwanda visa requirements are strict if you want to visit the country. A good way to learn about Rwanda visa requirements is to go to the official Rwanda embassy in Islamabad, where trained staff can inform you of the most recent changes in Rwanda visa requirements. Whether you are visiting Rwanda for business, tourism, or residency, you must first complete a set of Rwanda visa requirement documents. These are some examples:
- When arriving in Rwanda, you must have a Zimbabwean passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- A copy of the passport information page containing the applicant’s personal information
- A passport-style photograph of the applicant’s face
- A certificate of vaccination against yellow fever (this is for any traveler who has spent time in a country where yellow fever is endemic, and is not usually necessary for Zimbabwean citizens coming directly from Zimbabwe)
- The applicant must have sufficient financial resources to cover his or her stay in Rwanda without working.
- The applicant’s credibility must be unquestionable.
- If the applicant is from one of the countries listed on the Rwandan Immigration website, they must have a World Health Organization (WHO) yellow fever vaccination.
Although the information provided above is accurate, it is recommended that you visit the Rwanda embassy website or visit the embassy in person for more specifics and details on Rwanda visa requirements for each type of visa.
How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Zimbabwe:
The Rwanda visa application process is simple and painless. Prepare the documents listed in the ‘Required Documents’ section and begin applying.
You can complete the application process from home in minutes using any working device with a stable internet connection!
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, follow these steps:
- Fill out an online application form with your information, passport information, email address, and the reason for your trip. If necessary, attach additional documents. Next, please double-check that you have entered the correct information in the application form to ensure timely approval.
- To cover the Rwanda e-Visa fees, make an online payment using any of the several online payment methods available on our website.
- Examine your email inbox. When the payment is registered, all applicants receive a confirmation number. Rwanda eVisas are delivered directly to your email box within 72 hours (3 business days).
The electronic Rwanda visa is delivered to your email address in PDF format; print it and bring it with you to the airport or on the road.
Minors from Zimbabwe traveling to Rwanda with an eVisa
In the case of minors traveling to Rwanda with Zimbabwean passengers, special attention must be paid to how they must be registered in the application form.
If Zimbabwean children have their own passports, their parents or guardians must apply separately to Rwanda e-Visa for Zimbabweans on their behalf. If they do not have a passport, they can be added to their parents’/guardians’ application form under the ‘Minors’ section.
Rwanda e-visa fees for Zimbabweans:
In Zimbabwe, the Rwanda visa costs 35 USD for tourists and 42 USD for business travelers. This is the amount levied by the government of the country. This fee is waived for children under the age of 12 and for those who apply for a transit ETA.
In addition, we charge an administration fee for processing your paperwork. The price is determined by whether you choose our Standard, Rapid, or Highly Rapid processing speed.
Rwanda Embassy in Zimbabwe:
Zimbabweans applying for an e-Visa are not required to visit the Rwanda embassy. The application is entirely online, and the approved visa is delivered via email.
Zimbabweans who need a different type of visa should contact a diplomatic mission.
The Rwanda embassy in Zimbabwe is located at the following address:
15 Cambridge Rd, Harare, Zimbabwe
+263 8677 008 344