If you are a Canadian citizen and you are prepared for your trip to Sri Lanka, you have to apply for Sri Lanka visa from Canada. So, How to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka from Canada. This article will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens, as well as the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Canadian citizens and the Sri Lanka visa fees for Canadians.
What is Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA for Canadian citizens?
Types of e-Visa to Sri Lanka from Canada
Canadian passport holders can choose from the following types of Sri Lanka ETAs to best suit their travel needs.
Canadian citizens can apply for Sri Lanka visa from Canada in one of three categories:
- Sri Lanka Business e-Visa: Canadian professionals can travel to Sri Lanka for business meetings, conferences, and corporate events. It is valid for 6 months and allows multiple entries. During this time, each visit must be for a maximum of 30 days.
- Sri Lanka Tourist e-Visa: Canadians are welcome to visit Sri Lanka for recreation, relaxation, and cultural activities. It is also valid for 6 months, with the exception that it allows for two entries with a maximum duration of 30 days for each visit.
- Sri Lanka Transit e-Visa: If a Canadian traveler is passing through Sri Lanka on their way to another destination, they can request this travel authorization. They’ll need it if they want to leave the airport and their stay isn’t longer than 48 hours. It is only valid for six months and can be used once. If their stopover is longer than two full days, we recommend they request the Tourist or Business ETA that best meets their needs.
Individuals with dual Sri Lankan/Canadian citizenship, or those under the age of 21, born abroad to Sri Lankan parents and whose birth has been registered in Sri Lanka, are not required to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Canada.
Sri Lanka visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Sri Lankan visa requirements for Canadian citizens state that Canadian citizens must have the following items in order to obtain an ETA for Sri Lanka:
- A Canadian passport that will be valid for at least 6 months after the holder’s entry into Sri Lanka.
- A working email address (to receive the ETA)
- A valid debit/credit card (to pay the application processing fee)
Canadians who have a passport that is about to expire should renew it with their local authorities. Similarly, we recommend that they submit an email address that they frequently use, as all communications and ETA approval will take place online. Finally, we request that they use a bank card that has previously been activated for online transactions.
Sri Lanka visa application Canada
How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Canada. Applicants who possess all of these items are then eligible to complete the online Sri Lanka ETA application form. The following information will be requested on this form:
- Personal information (name, address, date of birth, country of birth, etc.)
- Passport information (number, date of issue, expiry date)
- Itinerary for travel (accommodation reservations, etc.)
Visitors will also be asked to select their preferred type of Sri Lanka ETA for Canadian citizens on the form (tourist, business, or transit).
When applying for a Sri Lanka visa from Canada online, travelers should double-check that all of the information they provide is correct, as mistakes on their application may result in processing delays or rejection.
Once the application has been submitted, the processing fee must be paid. Check to see if the card being used has been activated for online transactions.
After you complete the profile form, the Sri Lanka ETA request will be completed.
Sri Lanka visa fees for Canadian citizens
It’s natural to be concerned about how long it will take to process your application and how much it will cost. You won’t have to worry about that if you use Tech Services World as your visa service. We guarantee prompt service and low prices. Actually, we offer three processing time options from which you can select the one that best meets your requirements. The earlier you apply for your Sri Lanka visa, the more you will have to pay. You can choose from the following options:
- Sri Lanka ETA Standard processing: This is one of the most affordable prices. It takes 5 days to acquire the visa and the amount that you need to pay is USD 55.
- Sri Lanka ETA Rush processing: With this process, you will get your Sri Lanka ETA approximately in 24 hours paying a total of USD 85.
- Sri Lanka ETA Super Rush processing: If you have an emergency, you can get this visa in 12 hours and for this, you will have to pay the cost of USD 99.
This will only take you about 10 minutes. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service team at any time.