Canadians love nothing more than getting out there and traveling, especially during the cold winters, because they have one of the world’s most powerful passports and a native language that is understood all over the world.
Nationals from Canada who wish to travel to Cambodia need a visa. The Cambodia visa for Canadian citizens is easy to get through an online application.
Cambodia attracts visitors due to its year-round hot climate and world-famous temples, but Canadian citizens must apply for a Cambodian visa to enter the country. Tech services will shed light on the Cambodia visa application process in this article, beginning with answers to the most frequently asked questions.
1. Do Canadians Need a Visa for Cambodia?
Yes, Canadians must obtain a visa to enter Cambodia. Only nine countries have visa-free access to Cambodia.
Citizens with a valid Canadian passport, on the other hand, can obtain their visa quickly by filling out an online application form with a few key details.
A Canadian traveler must have a valid visa upon arrival in Cambodia, regardless of the purpose of their trip or the length of their stay.
Types of Cambodia visas for Canadians
In addition to the electronic tourist visa for Cambodia, Canadian nationals have other visa options, including visas on arrival.
However, if the length of stay is 30 days or less and the purpose of the visit is tourism and leisure, they should apply online to travel to Cambodia from Canada.
Furthermore, once in Cambodia, online visa holders can apply for a 30-day extension.
As a result, this visa allows them to extend their stay if they so desire.
NOTE: If Canadian travelers intend to stay in Cambodia for an extended period of time, they should contact the embassy or consulate for information on long-term visa options.
2. Cambodia e-visa for Canadian:
The Cambodian visa policy publishes the main benefits that the eVisa provides to foreign visitors. Canadian passport holders are eligible to use it if their trip to Cambodia meets the following criteria:
- Their trip will be brief (30 days maximum)
- They will only participate in tourism and recreational activities.
- They only require one entry into Cambodia
Applicants from Canada who intend to stay for more than 30 days or engage in activities other than tourism (employment, education, etc.) should be aware that the eVisa does not cover them. We recommend that they contact the Cambodian Consulate in Ontario to inquire about more suitable visa options.
3. Cambodia Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens
Before beginning the eVisa process, we recommend that Canadians review the visa requirements. They will learn which countries they can visit with an online visa and what activities they can participate in.
The Cambodian authorities have also established the following basic application requirements for Canadians for the eVisa:
- Possess a Canadian passport that is valid for 180 days on the date of their intended entry into Cambodia.
- Confirm that their passport has at least one blank page for entry and exit stamps.
- Please provide a recent color ID photo.
- Register their e-Visa petition using a valid email address.
- Have a credit or debit card on hand to cover the processing fee.
Canadian citizens who have a passport that does not meet the Cambodian visa requirements for the Canadian citizens should renew it as soon as possible with their local authorities before beginning the application process.
Travelers from Canada who hold dual citizenship should be aware that the Cambodian e-Visa for Canadians is electronically linked to their passport. They should remember to submit their application using the same passport they will use to enter the country.
4. Applying for the Cambodia eVisa from Canada
To get a Cambodia visa for Canadian, it is simply necessary to follow these steps:
- Fill out the application form with your information and choose a processing time for your application.
- Make your payment and re-submit your application. Remember that it is critical to ensure that there are no errors that could jeopardize your application.
- Upload the required documents and complete a brief questionnaire. We will notify you via email or phone if additional documents are required.
Canadian citizens can request their eVisa by accessing an online questionnaire. They will be required to share the following personal information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
Canadian requesters continue by providing some official passport information (documentation number, issuing country, expiration date). After that, it is critical to go over all of the information provided. Any errors or typos could cause their eVisa approval to be delayed or denied.
Any traveling party from Canada visiting Cambodia with minors must keep in mind that each arrival must have a previously granted eVisa. They can use the same email address or payment methods to submit petitions for their dependents with no problems.
Canadian citizens complete their eVisa application by paying the processing fee. We recommend that they use a bank card that has previously been activated for online payments.
5. Cambodia visa fees for Canadian citizens:
Canadian citizens must pay USD 50.00 for a Cambodian Visa or e-Visa, which can be obtained on arrival at certain entry points, but expect long lines – and make sure to check the operating hours before traveling. Without a doubt, this is not the best way to obtain a visa.
As a result, Tech services provides you with three options from which to choose the best one for your needs. You must pay for the e-Visa as well as additional fees. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing: Although it has the longest processing time, you can get your e-Visa in 3 Business Days for only USD 56.00.
- Rush processing: For a fee of USD 86.00, you can obtain your visa in two business days.
- Super Rush Processing: This is the most expensive option, but only because you get your visa in 1 Business Day, or less than a day. That is why you must pay USD 116.00.
6. Cambodia embassy in Canada:
There is no Cambodian Embassy in Canada. The consulate of Cambodia is in Toronto, Ontario.
Travelers who need information about long-term visas and their requirements are advised to directly contact the consulate.
Honorary Consulate of Cambodia in Ontario, Canada
Address: 60 Caledonia Rd – Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6E 4S